Re: [T3] Red light

Sure, they can be rebuilt, it's just a matter of finding someone who
can in this disposible age.  You could have: shorted commutator, one
or more armature coils open or shorted, open or shorted field coils,
bad bearings.  Usually if you need to replace brushes, the commutator
needs a skim cut on a lathe and a clean-up after.  I have done this,
it's not hard getting things apart and doing it if you have the
tooling and the time.  Make sure you have a good ground on the thing,
sometimes that wire gets a little crispy and breaks, but you can't see
it.  Have had some odd intermittents that way(that later turned into
opens!)