Re: [T3] Help

On 28 Aug 98, at 8:31, greg gullion wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
>  Hope someone can help me out with my '67 Fastback.  Everytime I drive
>  this car I get a strong smell of gasoline.  I have looked for leaks but
>  cannot find any at all.  I cannot even tell where the smell of gasoline
>  is coming from because it is all inside the car.

You need to localize the smell.  Stop the car.  Open the trunk: is
the smell strong there.  Open the engine compartment: is the smell
strong there?  Crawl under the front end: is there wetness under the
tank?  Crawl under the back end: is the rear fuel line leaking?

Is this really a gas smell, or just an exhaust smell?  Does it only
smell when the engine is running?  If so, then confine your search to
the engine compartment.

These are the kinds of questions you need to ask yourself.  We can't
give you the answers from here.

Jim