Re: [T3] Tubes and FI computers

On 26 Aug 98, at 21:45, The Rubber Ranch wrote:

> Thanks for the info on the Air distributor tubes... didn't know that
> almost every year was different,

Intake air runners (the tubes) were only of three kinds:  1 left, and
an early (68-9) and a late right.  Intake air distributors come in
many different versions, however; I assume this is what you're
talking about.  If you need a particular one, I probably have it.

> Looking through some catalogues I also noticed that the computer changes
> for almost every year (my year being the most expensive of course! just my
> luck!)... so I was wondering: is it possible to interchange computers, and
> what would be the difference between them?

For best results don't try to play the interchange game.  I can be
done, but there are often many unexpected things that also need to be
changed to make everything work right together.

Jim