RE: [T3] More on the hi-po (?) Fuel Injection debate. Or...

Subject: RE: [T3] More on the hi-po (?) Fuel Injection debate.  Or fannin

My comments below.
   Toby Erkson
   '75 Porsche 914 1.8L, ORPCA member

Too bad humans can't eat their young like some animals, it sure would keep
the
gene pool a little cleaner.

>there has to be (almost) a way to run the stock injectors with a
>different ECU and not be hampered (Please do not take offense) by the
>limits of the stock ECU.  Perhaps I could even have an O2 sensor to
>handle the fuel mixture.

The injectors only flow about 70%-80% of their capacity.  If you wanted more
fuel you would *need* to move up to a bigger injector.  This is a known fact
amongst FI tuners -- you just don't over flow an injector past it's useful
capacity.  However, you can get your injectors "balanced" but this is
expensive
(about $30 per injector, maybe more) and won't add an appreciable amount of
hp.

Adding an O2 sensor would require more hardware to the computer and is not
an
easy task, particularly if you want to do this with a stock T3 computer.