[T3] More on the hi-po (?) Fuel Injection debate. Or fanning the flames.

And here is the rest of the story...
Part 1,
The car in question is a 1971 Fastback manual trans that the PO has
totally removed anything that even looked like fuel injection from the
car.  It had been converted to a T1 engine (Upright fan shroud and all)
that was blown.  This engine took up residence inside the car in pieces
on the floor.  There was a push button starter on the dash.  The wire
harness on the car has been cut, spliced, mangeled, hooked up with wire
nuts ect.  The relays are gone from under the dash and under the rear
seat.  And now...

Part 2,
I have a complete stock 1972 T3 engine that someone gave me.  It has all
the cooling tin, both heat exchangers, distributor, but you get the idea.

The engine I have is fuel injected, the car is no longer Fuel Injection.
While I could spend time/money on putting the car back to stock, I feel
there has to be (almost) a way to run the stock injectors with a
different ECU and not be hampered (Please do not take offense) by the
limits of the stock ECU.  Perhaps I could even have an O2 sensor to
handle the fuel mixture.

Scott Keck
Luftwagen Gruppe 1