[T3] Replaced the starter

This past Saturday I had to replace the starter on my SqBk.  No big
deal, but it got me thinking...those critters have remarkable
longevity!

In the more than 40 years that I have been rowing VWs up and down
the highways, I think this was only the second or third one I have
ever needed to replace.

I took the used  replacement off another '71 from my own private junk
yard (the back acreage of my property), so I don't expect the
replacement to last more than maybe 20 or 30  years...  oh well,
someone will be spooning up my porridge for me by then, so it really
doesn't matter.

Have you  volks had similar success with starters?

Phil
dillard@suu.edu