Re: [T3] oh nooooooo! mystry tapping new motor

On 25 Aug 98, at 9:26, MShaf74143@aol.com wrote:

> well I just put in a brand new stock 1776 motor this weekend

No way this engine could be referred to as "stock."

> I only use super in the tank so I know
> its not the gas.? maybe, but what else coud this be?

What 's your compression ratio?  What octane gas are you using?  How
have you determined the correct jetting for your carbs?

You might be running too lean.  Or you might just have to invest in
some kind of octane booster to run this engine.

 the car has about 50 km
> on before I came home. please help because I goota drive from colorado to
> virginia on friday. YES in this car!!!

Sorry, but I think that's unlikely.  Did you really expect to put in
a new untried engine and expect no shakedown period?  Time to start
looking into alternatives.

Jim