Re: [T3] VWT carb conversion article!

|"The fact is, carburators are going to help keep many of the Type
|> IIIs from ending up in the crusher, and that's a good thing."
|> Nathan Jacobsen

|...Don't immediately trash it because everybody says FI sucks.  It
just isn' t true.  VW
|engineers are smart guys and gals.  Give them the benefit of the
doubt.
|FI is great.  Gives smooth power, great fuel economy and reliability.
|Like all things mechanical, it requires periodic maintenance and
|repairs.
|Dual carbs never stay in sync and require coninuous adjustment.
They're
|dirty and this technology is over 100 years old.
|Jaime

Like you say: "Like all things mechanical, it requires periodic
maintenance and repairs"
As being over 100 years old, no sweat on my part. It just happen that
my Notch is a dual carbs. I did not have ANY experience on how to
adjust them, but with the help of Mr. Bently, Mr. Chilton, Mr. Haynes
and Mr. Muir I figure it out. If my Notch had been a FI type...I would
learn FI the same way, reading the books. :)  I think FI are great, I
just did not had the chance to own a FI VW...yet!!