[T3] My VW weekend

Guys and Gals,

Update from Down Under.  It's been pouring raining down here for weeks on and
off.  The back yard looks like a swimming pool and one half of my donor car is
six inches in the mud.  (Long story!)

Anyway, Saturday was another write off due to the rain although I managed to
pick up a very nice wardrobe set for the main bedroom.  So when I awoke on
Sunday to a nice Sunny day.  I thought, " What the hell."  Lets get some work
on the car done.  After moving the two other cars parked in front of the
garage out and making a Pavlova for Dinner, I set to work on the driver's rear
shock absorber (RHD).  The PO (or backyard mechanic) had replaced the shocks
on the back with "not the correct ones for this model" and as such when they
tightened the lower mounting point bolts collapsed the braket and it had to be
belted out.  After several decent hits it went in.  Hooray.

I'd noticed a puddle of "liquid" under the front passenger side of the car.
Looked like brake fluid, but where was it coming from.  Looks like it was
running from the front bulkhead and out the bottom of the beam.  Hmm?  Can't
be front brake problem.  I wonder if its the master brake cylinder.  Knowing
it probably hadn't been touched for years, I yanked it out.  Thinking I've got
a spare I'll put it in, I turned to my trusty "shed".  You know the place
where you keep all that "I might need you sometime stuff".  Well, all the ones
I'd got only had a single brake switch on them.  DOH!

So after giving up in disgust.  I drove the car back into the garage and
parked it. (Thank goodness for Hand/E-Brakes)  Looks like I'll be needing to
get the master brake cylinder worked on next.  The reason I'm now in a hurry
to get her finished is because I'm losing my daily driver to my sister who has
just left her husband and until the divorce goes through, apparently he can
get half of everything she owns so it's staying in my name but she runs it.
Aren't brothers wonderful.

So that's what been happening.  Hope you all had great weekends.  No-one got
hit, that bolt came out without too much trouble, or went in without being
stripped.  Talk to you all soon.

Regards,

Wayne
'72 Notch