Re: type3-d Digest V98 #238

> Tried to slow down for
> highway truck, OH MY GOD, pedal hits the floor.  Well some serious
> pumping and downshifting prevented certain demise.  30 miles later
> I'm home and SUPRISE, no brake fluid and a rear drum that was close
> to spontaneously combusting.  I've bled the brakes with some
> benefit.  I'm pretty sure the e-brake is not releasing.  Have
> ordered the Idiot book. Any quick recommendations until the book
> gets here?

Get the Bentley manual.

The problem could be a sticky e-brake cable, a sticky wheel cylinder,
a misadjusted pedal stop (no free play), or just a mis-adjusted rear
brake shoe. It could even be a brake backing plate that is too rough
to allow the shoes to return or return springs that are weak and
don't do their job.

Jim
-
Jim Adney