Re: [T3] BRAKES

> So now I have a brake problem: My brakes are sticking and I have to
> sort of pull the pedal toward me to release them. Looked in Bentley
> and it doesn't look good. I'm going to try to adjust the pedal
> freeplay but I'm pessimistic [its my nature].

Sounds like your pedal itself is sticky.  This is Probably just
rust or dirt and not a hydraulic problem at all.  You may find that
the pedal return spring is broken.  Don't try to adjust the free play
until the pedal will return by itself.

> Let me ask you all:
> what sort of troubleshooting proc. should I go through to be certain
> I have a master cylinder problem.

It is probably NOT a master cyl problem.

> I'm very idiot level with these
> cars so I'm willing after a point to take it in to a mechanic. BUT:
> with one contingency - Are t3 Brakes (mine's a 72 sqbk) the same as
> Beetle brakes of that year? Or do beetles not do the disc in
> front/drum in back thing?

There are both similarities and differences.  Karmann Ghias have
front disks.

Jim
-
Jim Adney