Re: [T3] Type 3 front torsion arm replacement and bushes/needle

>    My front end is riding on the bump stops and there is no spring
> when the front is pushed down, but when you pull up on the bubper
> bar the front end seems to stay at that height until you push it
> down, I'm pretty sure its the torsion bars, could it be anything
> else.

Sounds like sticky shocks.  Ths torsion bars hold the wheels in place
laterally so you would quickly know if one of them was truly broken.

> Also if the  needle bearings need to be replaced are there now
> replacement urathane bushes that replace the needle bearings and do
> they require any special fitting into the axle beam. And taking out
> the old bushes do you need special tools.

Your OE bearing are PROBABLY fine, but they could be destroyed if you
drive with broken torsion bars for long since the bearing races would
be out of place.

Jim
-
Jim Adney