From: Rick Fluck +ADw-rfluck+AEA-srv.net+AD4-
To: Type III List +ADw-type3+AEA-vwtype3.org+AD4-
Date: 14 August 1998 16:06
Subject: +AFs-T3+AF0- My battery's trapped...and it can't get out.

+AD4-Greetings Fellow V-duber's,
+AD4-
+AD4-Been lurking on the list for about a half-a-year now, excellent
+AD4-resource.
+AD4-I finally found and bought a 72' squareback. Been a baja bug and
+AD4-bus owner for 8 years now. My problem is this:
+AD4-
+AD4-The latch that operates the rear seat, allowing the seat to open,
and
+AD4-allowing
+AD4-access to the battery compartment, is missing, or inside the
compartment
+AD4-with
+AD4-the battery+ADs- so my question is, how in the world do I release the
latch,
+AD4-allowing
+AD4-the rear seat compartment to open without having the operating
+AD4-mechanism?
+AD4-
+AD4-My baja bug, long since sold, had a convenient wood cargo box, in
the
+AD4-rear so
+AD4-it's operating latch mechanism was removed by the builder+ADs- so I
have no
+AD4-reference for my current problem. It is my hope that someone has
run
+AD4-into
+AD4-this situation and has a witty solution as I'm stumped.
+AD4-
+AD4-Thank you for your time and wisdom,
+AD4-
+AD4-......///    Rick Fluck    +AFwAXABc-......
+AD4-  http://www.srv.net/+AH4-rfluck ..........Now that you've judged me,
+AD4-http://www.controlvisioninc.com ...just think what our diversity
+AD4-         E-mail me back at: ................can do as a team.
+AD4-......+AFwAXA-   rfluck+AEA-srv.net   //......
+AD4-
+AD4-71' Campmobile
+AD4-72' Squareback
+AD4-