[T3] red gen light again.

I use the list a week or so ago to ask for help on my 68 Generator. A
quick run down. One morning after a close to 400 miles drive my gen.
light came on. I went back there and check for any abnormalities and
things look ok but light was on still. I tap on the Gen. and the light
went off. I change the voltage regulator with same results. Also
change the generator for an used one at the junk yard. Same results!!
This last generator will generate a spark on the bottom brush if I
raise the RPMs, it seems like a dangerous spark from what I can see.
No, I do not have the plastic covers on the generator. Why when I tap
on the generator the light will go off? Why this exaggerated spark
coming from the bottom brush?. Is this generator dab too? When I got
it from the junk yard we tested and it testes ok, 13-14 volts if I
remember right. Any ideas?

Luis