RE: [T3] Hot engine, probably timing

On 13 Aug 98, at 9:01, Erkson, Toby wrote:

> Now I have the correct sender and the apparent low pressure readings are
> actually normal for my baby.  Which, I now know all too painfully, are too
> low. So now I really, really, really need to get that secondary oil cooler
> installed!

What kind of numbers do you get?  The pressure regulating valve in
the case is supposed to regulate at 28 psi.  With a large oil pump
and cold oil it is possible to see 40 psi occasionally, but 24-32 is
quite normal for our engines.  In fact the much higher numbers one
sees in American cars just means that you would be wasting power
pumping extra pressure/volume.

> I still need to attend to fixing the dizzy.  I just need a couple more
> simple parts and I'll be installing the secondary cooler, soon.

Jim