RE: [T3] Charcoal Fuel Filter

On 13 Aug 98, at 7:15, Erkson, Toby wrote:

> What happened in my (carbed) situation was the car acted like it ran out
> of gas.
>  When I opened the gas cap I would hear air rush in and she'd drive fine
> again.
>
> Jim, my baby has some metal lines in the trunk and, of course, the line
> traveling down the left side underbody.  There are some lines in the trunk
> that are a clear plastic.

You should fix or replace the metal lines.  The amount of vacuum you
will get in the gas tank is limited to the vapour pressure of the
gasoline.  That will be pretty low at 0F, but you have probably never
driven in that cold; that is when the gas tank can collapse.

Still, you have the symptoms, now you know the cause.

Jim