RE: [T3] Dual Carburetors

>What year is the car?  Is the fan correct on it?  Is it an automatic or
>manual transmission?

well, the car is 72. The engine I'm not sure. I thought that's what the
number would tell you. The transmission is manual.

>This distributor has a total advance of probably 36 degrees.  Fine for a
>type 4 motor but it will destroy a 1600.  If it has a dual vacuum canister
>(two hose connections), and the VW # is 021-905-205S, you should get a
>different distributor.

It only has vacuum advance (1 hose), I've been told about the advance
before. I have to get a timing light. How can you tell when the distributor
isn't advancing well?

>run up the motor till the distributor stops advancing

How do you know when it stops advancing?

BTW I'm forwarding all this stuff to the link because I haven't been able
to find anything about dual carbs in the archive, and I think it's
important for people like us to have some sort of reference.

-Mike