RE: [T3] Floating shifter

On 11 Aug 98, at 13:01, Gurrola_J wrote:

> Jim replied:
> " There should be a pin protruding from the ball at the bottom of the
> shift lever."
>
> The pin is there and the coupler is attached and a cursory inspection
> tells me it is operating as it should.  To be more specific, I can
> actually rotate the shifter on its axis; spin it around like a top with
> very slight resistance.

Either the pin is not engaged in the slot in the cup of the shift
rod, which would make shifting very wierd (sound familiar?) or some
part of your shift rod is turning with respect to some other part.
It should be easy to see which of these it is if you remove the lever
from the tunnel.

I have a good assembly from a 71.

Jim