RE: [T3] Floating shifter

Jim replied:
" There should be a pin protruding from the ball at the bottom of the
shift lever."

The pin is there and the coupler is attached and a cursory inspection
tells me it is operating as it should.  To be more specific, I can
actually rotate the shifter on its axis; spin it around like a top with
very slight resistance.

What about the housing?  I looked at that and there was the typical wear
pattern.  Nothing out of the ordinary.  I'm assuiming, also, that this
is the original shifter.

Any other suggestions?