Re: broken fan?

<FONT FACE="Arial Narrow">Steven's got a really good idea here.&nbsp; I
was attempting to put a new fan belt on (first time on a T3) and dropped
the generator nut down in the fan housing.&nbsp; I broke out my mechanic's
helper magnet and fished it out.&nbsp; I have two of these lifesavers.&nbsp;
They both are on a telescoping stick, like an auto antenna.&nbsp; One is
a really powerful magnet and the other is a small one.&nbsp; I got them
(gasp!) at Pep Boys.&nbsp; Don't remember how much they were, but not much.&nbsp;
Now if it's a tin screw that fell in there, these things will get it out!</FONT><FONT FACE="Arial Narrow"></FONT>

<P><FONT FACE="Arial Narrow">Johnny</FONT>
<BR><FONT FACE="Arial Narrow">'65 343</FONT>
<PRE>

GregM=> sounds an awful lot like loose change in an empty clothes dryer.&nbsp;&nbsp;

Rather than a broken fan, I think it's a lot more likely that one of the&nbsp;
fan-housing bolts got loose. This could eventually *result* in a broken&nbsp;
fan, of course. Before you pull the pulley, try this: pull off one of&nbsp;
the heater-box elbows (I'd probably go for the left), apply a really big&nbsp;
magnet from the outside and try to crawl the debris up the wall and out.&nbsp;

Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ
'66 343