Re: [T3] Mystery Wire

On 6 Aug 98, at 10:27, Toby B wrote:

> Seriously?!??!!
> 	In 1972? Wow. Did it then adjust the FI parameters to compensate?  Or
> are you just pulling our collective leg <grin>

Honest!  But actually it did nothing all that exciting.  It is just
that white multiple contact socket in the LR of the engine
compartment that no one knows what to do with.  The dealer could use
it to check many of your light bulbs, the battery fluid level, the AT
kickdown switch, and the idle, dwell and timing (using the attached
timing light.)  Cranking current also gave an indication of the
engine compression as well as the condition of the battery.

None of this was used to make any changes to the FI, except the idle.

Jim