RE: [T3] That nagging heat

Oil level shouldn't be the problem, however, it would be in your best
interest
to find out if the dipstick is correct.

The engine was rebuilt...is the oil cooler flowing?  Do you have an oil
pressure
gauge to monitor the pressure?  It would be very helpful.  Does it smell
like
burning metal?  That's one of the best ways to know if the engine is
overheating.  Maybe you just have some oil/solvent/paint on some parts and
it's
just burning off.  Maybe there is too much pressure in the case above the
3800-rpm range and oil is being squirted out of some seam onto a hot ??? and
smoking off.  Does your case breather function properly?
   Toby Erkson
   '75 Porsche 914 1.8L, ORPCA member

Attachment converted: Sarasvati:TNFCA.TMP (????/----) (0000487E)