[T3] That nagging heat

Hey all,
Got the squares timing, valves, plugs, points and heat flaps all working
okay.  Still seem to have excessive heat though!  Can't think of any
other culprit either, hum?  The static timing is at 7.5 BTDC and the
total advance is at 28.5.  The car runs this warm no matter which main
jets I run.  I saw someone awhile back say that they had probs with the
oil level being incorrect on the dip stick.  If I am 1 quart low, in
100F days, just how much is the temp going to go up?  Enough to cause
that, "i'm overheatin' smoke" to appear out from under the car?  I had
that happen, but no lose of power and no oil light at idle.  It also
only really smoked above 3800rpm-(gotta love that T3 tach).  Any ideas?
Jim? Toby? Anyone?  Did I miss something simple?   :@(

Brian Fye

64 Notch-Interesting drive sittin' on a 5 gallon bucket(just around the
block)
67 Square-alive and smokin'!!!!