[T3] HELP WITH OIL LEAK PLEASE

Hi guys

I havn't e-mailed you guys but I do get my dayly dose of type3
mail. My problem is that my '69 SQB uses more oil than petrol!
I think I found the leak on the engine but I need some help.

The PO fitted a type1 motor with the type1 oil filler etc.
Now the T3 Haynes manual only talks about the breather, and I
can't find anything on the T1 arangement. It looks like the oil
is leaking from under the plate where you fit the four bolts of
this filler. Hope you understand my not so technical explination!
What I want to know is if there is supposed to be a gasket or
pact or something here because mine fits directly onto the case
and the bolts doesn't seem to fit correctly, and I go through a
pint of oil a week.

Thanks guys hope to hear from you soon

Renier Marais
'69 SQB