Re: [T3] Wanted: gas tank flap release ass'y for 73 fastback

Actually the end of the release mechanism found on superbeetles is a little
"point", whereas the one used on type IIIs is a little "lever" that holds
the gas door closed.  The one listed in the RMMW catalog for the 69-71
standard beetle appears to have the same type of release end, but I doubt
the cable itself is long enough.  My squareback doesn't have one...the PO
used Velcro (tm) strips to hold the gas door closed :-(

-Doug
69 auto FI square
73 FI fasty
98 NB