[T3] auto kick-down switch

	I've had my '69 for the better part of a year, but it's effectively
been without a kick-down switch until about a week ago.

	Wow!  What a difference!  I would previously shift by hand when
necessary, but this is lots more fun.  If you're driving around without
your switch, you know what it's like when it makes that shift into second
waaaay too early.  Yuck.  It now feels like a regular little screamer.

	I do have a question:  when I floor it from a stop or from low
speeds and engage the kick-down switch, I doesn't feel like it will ever
shift out of first gear without lifting my foot up a tad to disengage the
switch.  This doesn't seem right.  It's revving up way over 35 in first
gear.  I don't think I've let it go to 40mph, though Bentley says that with
the kick-down engaged, that shift can occur anywhere between 31-40mph.
40mph just seems like revving too high in first gear.  (Also, I'd hate for
it to happen down at 31 -- I don't think there'd be any power!)

	Where do other folks find that their auto trannies shift into
second under hard acceleration?

	On another note, I had a little unofficial "stoplight drag" in the
'71 (manual tranny) against an A2 Jetta with a noisy, leaky muffler.  Jetta
even had a rolling start, and I won. :)  (...and I keep telling myself that
I'm not sixteen years old any more!!!  Argh...)  I'm sure the '71's
"lightened chassis" musta helped... :-o

-Greg
'69 & '71 Squarebacks
'63 Beetle