T3: Re: Glendale Swap meet/show report

Just a little update to the GCC show.  My girlfriend Katie was at the show (71
white square) and took all the same photos and talked to all the same people
and had a great time.  She even picked up a set of overriders and supports in
great condition for our 59 Kombi restoration.................but on the way
home was in a pretty bad accident.  She totaled the square (hit someone going
about 30MPH) and bashed her face pretty good off her GTV wheen and ended up
really breaking her nose bad and now has black eyes and all the things that go
along with an accident like that.  We dont know the status of the square.  She
was carted off in an ambulance and never got a good look at it, but her
parents (non VW people) have seen it and said "it's bad"  She's on her way
this very minute to look at it and check out the damage.  I dont think she's
going to let it go to waste.  That car means more to her than anything else
and someday we'll have it back on the road.  It's probably going to need a new
front clip/apron (is that VW lingo?) and maybe doors.  We already have a lead
on a donor car and we arent interested in buying another square (it wouldnt be
the same), but if any of you guys (Scott/Dave Hall or Travis) are on the list,
she's ok, I know you guys prolly dont know me (I'm not John), but we all know
her and she's fine.  Back at home and even driving again already.

I hope that if any of you saw her car in the parking lot, you'll remember it
fondly.  If you know Katie, you know It was her pride and joy, and it will
(most likely) be back on the road someday.  So remember to wear your
seatbelts.......and as one friend said "there's plenty of other Squarebacks
out there, but only one Katie"

take care and drive safetly

Matt

92 GTi (daily Driver)
71 Squareback (badly hurt, but not dead)
59 Kombi (resto Project)