T3: Re: Bodywork

Those dark areas are still rust!  Bare metal means bare metal, no dark
spots. It will come back to haunt if you don't take care of it.   You
have a number choices here, depending on skill and tool availability.
The purist would cut those areas out and patch back in with new
sheetmetal and TIG welding.  The sloppy would just bondo it and paint
over it, trusting that they would get rid of the car before the rust
came back(I've got one of those!). You can grind those areas out and
weld the spots back up, then grind them down flush, can get kind of
tedious if you have lots of area to cover.  There's some rust
converter stuff you can treat the area with, I've successfully used it
under fiberglas patches and paint in non-appearance areas.  The pits
are still there, they just aren't as apt to start rusting again very
soon.   My welding skills aren't up to snuff yet, so that's the way I
go for now.  Eventually, if there's time enough, I'll take the first
option and redo the spots.  Be aware that things rust through from the
back as well, so what you do under the paint outside doesn't help
that.  Rocker panels are really bad for that.  You can shoot some
stuff in there to help that.