Re: The fastback makes the long journey to the house

No, in fact it wasn't fuel injection hose.  At some point, a previous
owner had replaced all the lines with 'el cheapo' regular fuel line.  I
replaced all the hoses in the fuel system yesterday with fuel injection
hose, so that's fixed.  I also did lots of general tinkering, fixed the
window regulators, checked valves, installed a pertronix ignitor (had a
spare), and did a general tune-up.  Today I borrowed my cool neighbor's
pressure washer and hosed down the whole works, inside and out.  Now,
it's stumbling off-idle.  I haven't looked at it yet, but I will see
what I can find tomorrow.  It's also blowing some oil out the exhaust,
so I'm looking for a case to maybe put the super beetle's 1835 parts
into, or maybe doing a top-end rebuild on this engine.

Jake Kooser