T3: Thanks for "green light" help...

Thanks to all who responded to my "green light" crisis...

	It does sound like the Berg relief cover is a likely culprit.  Argh.

	I have removed the fan on a manual-trans car by putting the car in gear to
keep the engine from turning.  What to do with the automatic
transmission?!?  Is pulling the engine & using a flyheel lock the *only*
way?  What about all of those access holes in the tranny--can I immobilize
the engine by wedging something in there, or can those parts not take that
kind of torque without damaging them?  Argh...

	(Any reason why I shouldn't try to "liberate" the cover's bypass valve
with some help from a propane torch?)

-Greg "unhappy camper" Merritt
'69 Squareback (no oil pressure)
'71 Squareback (blown muffler [backordered!] & cracked header = LOUD)
'63 Beetle (2,500 miles away)