T3: RE: Green light on!

The oil filter should have a bypass on it, similar to the stock strainer.
As
such this shouldn't be a problem but replace it with a new one like you said

(and buy the Fram HP-1!)

Since you are getting oil to the full flow filter then the oil pump cover is

working fine as well (~125psi stopping point).  I really doubt a GB item
would
fail but ya never know...give them a call and ask.  I think I remember the
instructions saying that if the spring gets garbage in it that it could not
work
properly, but which way it would fail I do not know

Sounds like your oil pressure relief valve is stuck in the bypass (cold
engine)
position.  Remove it and check the chamber and piston for scratches/scoring
as
this will cause it to stick (happened to me).  Checking it does not require
draining the oil, but DO have a catch can/tray as some oil will come out.
You
can use emery cloth to smooth out scratches and such but I would recommend
just
buying a new one.  On engine rebuilds these pistons/springs generally don't
get
replaced with new ones.  I had my stock one for over 25 years before I
replaced
it!  Come to think of it, my stock master cylinder lasted over 25 years as
well...damn, those Ch'rmans are good! (Ch'rman = how it sounds when talking
to a
German when they say the word in English :)

What I suspect,
    Toby Erkson
    '72 VW Squareback 1.6L bored and stroked to 2.0L
    '75 Porsche 914 1.8L, ORPCA member