T3: RE: Did I do the right thing?

April Fool

	----------
	From:
DILLARDP@edu-suu-lifac.li.suu.edu[SMTP:DILLARDP@edu-suu-lifac.li.suu.edu
]
	Sent:  Wednesday, April 01, 1998 4:20 AM
	To:  type-3@umich.edu
	Subject:  Did I do the right thing?

	Yesterday a fellow called me because he had heard that I was a
VW enthusiast.
	Out in his barn, he said, he had a funny looking little car
which, according
	to the owner's manual, was a VW Type 34.  His grandad had bought
the car new,
	had driven it fewer than 3,000 miles, and had stored it in the
barn, where
	it has remained, covered and dry, for over 30 years.  The caller
stated that
	he wanted to clear out his barn, and he would sell the car to me
for $100 if
	I wanted it.

	I thanked him, but said I wasn't interested.  After all, I
explained, the car
	was very, very old...and finding parts for it would be
difficult.

	Wanting to be helpful, however, I suggested a way that he could
dispose of the VW.

	This morning he called back to thank me.  He said that,
following my advice, he
	had hauled the car into an auto wrecking yard where the owner
gave him
	$25 and promptly rolled the vehicle into the crusher.

	Now I am beginning to wonder...did I do the right thing?

	Phil
	dillard@suu.edu

	April 1, 1998

	"Before drawing boards were invented, what did people go back
to?"