Stupid bone head! >:cI

As I was driving home from work (oh about 20 minutes ago), I was behind
this Ford Tempo (kinda beat up looking).  Heading east on Highway 78 (for
those that know the area), I noticed that the driver was a smoker and was
flicking ashes as he drove (I still don't understand this ... is his ash
tray full?!?).  He took one last puff from the cancer stick and then
flicked it off onto the side of the freeway!!!

STUPID BONE HEAD!!!

I don't know why this really irked me.  I don't know if it's because he
obviously didn't care, the littering, the chance of starting yet another
brush fire (as if our Fire Fighter's need the extra work) or the
combination of all of the above.  I would have to say all of the above.

So what do I do?  I dial 411 on the cell phone and ask for the CHP ...
After speaking to a very polite lady on the other end, she asked a few
questions such as my name, my phone number, the reason for my call, etc ...
she then had a CHP that was in the area to go check out the area where I
saw the butt head in the Tempo flick his cancer stick butt (sorry for the
harsh language, but I'm, in a bit of a tiff).  She then asked for the make
of the car and if I knew what the license plate number was ... since he was
still in front of me, it was pretty easy to give her the info.

Before I knew it, I needed to hop on Interstate 15 heading South so I
merged over, the goober in the Tempo continued Eastward.

As I neared my offramp, I get a call on my cell phone.  It was the lady
from the CHP to inform me that the Officer checked out the area and didn't
spot anything burning, but said that he will check back when he makes
another pass.  She went on to say that there were two other CHP Officers in
the area who will also keep an eye out for a possible brush fire.  When she
asked if I knew where the Temp had gone, I said that it was heading East
into Escondido.

Does this make me a nark?  If it does, I don't care.  Smokers don't
normally bother me.  I just ask that they not smoke in my presence.  I *DO*
hate people that litter and smokers that just flick their ashes and
cigarette's out their windows without even thinking about it.  If I have
offended any smokers out there, I apologize.

I sure am getting grouchier and grumpier in my old age. . .

Robert K. Kuhn (kealoha@isisph.com)
Isis Pharmaceuticals -- Systems Admin/WebSlave

http://www.isip.com/users/kealoha

"Your boss is insane . . .
 Your co-workers are insane . . .
 Your finally beginning to fit in . . ."