Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: Engines]
Author:  type-3-errors@umich.edu at SMTPGATE
Date:    9/30/97 8:42 PM

I forgot to mention in my original Email I do not have an enclosed
engine bay so used tall T1 manifolds, originally I used T3 Webber /
Dellorto manifolds which were awfull for working on the engine,( you had
to remove carb and manifolds to change the plugs).

Using the Solexs would be a way of keeping the system simple and easy to
service.
I beleive the Formulae Vee racers removed the venturis on there carbs to
increase the flow rate. I'm not sure if this is such a good idea on a
road car, If the carb body still has a good venturi effect then it
should be OK, but a large venturi effect is important for good
driveability.

Nic Webb
Team Roobarb & Custard