Subject: my fuel pump prob
Author:  type-3-errors@umich.edu at SMTPGATE
Date:    9/29/97 10:26 AM

Hey -

Driving in my '72 squareback yesterday, I began to lose power - I'd step
on the gas and get very little response. It got worse and worse until I
had to pull over, and now the thing won't even start, though the engine
does crank. I haven't taken anything apart yet (rain here in Richmond),
but I'll be hitting the yard today for a used electric fuel pump.

I can take one of these off a fuel injected superbeetle, no? And what
about rebuilding my old one? I see that JC Whitney sells 'em new for $185
or so, but I'm hoping that's a last resort.

Dave