Re: storing glass

1969 and earlier had the same front glass... 1970 and later had a
different shape to the windsheild.

Good luck getting the crome "beauty" strip off of the rubber without
bending it all up. ( if you can ... more power to ya! ). As far as using
your old rubber ... If YOU think it's good, go for it!

If you are going to use your old rubber ... DO NOT TRY TO GET THE GLASS
OUT IN ONE PIECE.

First cover the whole outside AND inside of the windsheild with 2 1/2"
masking tape ( to keep peices of glass from going everywhere...big mess
) then start your prying, trying to get it out without ripping the
possibly old and frail rubber that is to be used.

Good Luck!!

George Johnson
unclehippie@hotmail.com
'69 Type III Squareback