gauges

Does anyone know the brand of guages that Gene Berg was writing about in
his tech articles.  I know he was anti-cheap and stated that nothing he
tested under $300 worked.  Do we know the name brand of these guages.

For any of you fly girls and boys, i was thinking of buying some
williams CHT,EGT oil pressure and temp guages.  But if there are some
top quality automotive guages, I would like to go that route.

Ron...
1st vw 69 squareback.