What is it? - Sigma - And a little VW stuff

Trish & Ted Davis <volkfolk Wrote:

| > >"Theo Bryant" wrote

| Non-US right?
|
| The SIGMA was a 6cyl 3.0L version of the Mitsubishi
| Galant. But the car
| only said SIGMA on it.-TED

Guys and Gals,

The Sigma was in the Australian Market from about 1976 through to 1987.  It
was the replacement for the Chrysler Galant.  Originally known as the Chrysler
Sigma, Mitsubishi bought out the Chrysler facility in Oz and by 1980 it was
known as the Mitsubishi Sigma.  The car itself came in 1600, 1850, 2000 and
2600 cc SOHC chain driven carb. engines, with the 2 litre and 2.6 being the
main stayers in the car since about 1982.  Its a medium sized four cylinder
sedan and wagon with three speed auto gearbox or 4 or 5 speed manual.  Several
levels of trim over the life cycle from GL, XL, SE, GSR, and Super Saloon.  A
rear wheel drive car with disc/drum brake set up on the base models, up to
power assisted discs all round on the top of the range models.

The model I have is has power steering, power windows, central locking,
automatic, two tone paint, air conditioning, power assisted disc brakes all
round and sports wheels.  The only problem I have with it is the diff which
gets crappy fuel economy like 11 litres per 100 Kilometres.

In 1986 with the introduction in Oz that all cars must run on Unleaded petrol,
it was replaced by the Mitsubishi Magna which I think in Japan was called the
Diamonte.  I'm not sure what it is called in other markets or if it even was
in other markets.

VW Content

Spent the Saturday sifting through my wagon which I've got back from storage.
Emptied the back of the car to find a few little nasty spiders.  They got
shifted.  Then I started on the front.  Garage Sales are wonderful.  I found
all the stuff I'd put under the bonnet from the garage sale just to get it out
of the way.   Now the car is empty I can start pulling it apart again.  As I'm
doing up the Notch, I'm going to transfer what I can across to it from the
wagon and then see how that goes.  Mainly a lot of the gauges and dash related
stuff which isn't damaged.  (But the car is 24 years old, everything will be
damaged!)

Now I have all my tail-lights, seat belts, heat exchangers, etc etc all lined
up and ready for a clean.  Dad is itching for me to buy some door rubbers to
put on the Notch.  But as I don't have the cash flow anymore, I don't think
I'll be doing it for a while.

Sunday was spent on a friends girlfriends rear brake cylinder.  Wasn't a VW
but did get done anyway.  Got home and spent a little time with my Wagon.
Nothing major but she's happy.  Hopefully next week it won't be raining and I
can get something done.

Hope you all had a good one.

Regards,

Wayne