Re: How to get your under 12 child a free VW

Fremont, Michigan -- Gerber Products Company is not involved in any
                     settlement involving reimbursements to customers.
Rumors that have been circulating for several months involving Gerber and
an alleged settlement are completely false.

A settlement was announced in 1996 involving
infant formula and pricing issues, but Gerber was not connected with the
litigation. The deadline for filing claims under the infant formula
settlement expired 1/31/97. It appears that the Gerber name has mistakenly been connected to the Minneapolis
P.O. box used to process claims for the infant formula settlement.
 Consumers are cautioned not to send birth records or
other information in connection with this rumor. Gerber does not know the
source of the misinformation, nor does it have additional information on how it is
being communicated.