RE: Valve clearance woes!

Why did VW change their valve clearance specs? My best guess is that the
.004 spec is for an engine that is stone cold, overnightsitting cold!
The friendly VW dealers(in their neverending quest for higher profits)
were not letting the engines cool down enough when they were in their
garage, thus they were sending a lot of engines out with tight valves.
The change was probably made in an attempt to correct this problem. I
have set the valves at .004 with no problem, but like I say, the engine
has to be at least air temp cold.

Kris Dye
70 sqback auto fi
70 Westy