Re: please help with clock

> Well, I went to the VW junkyard and picked up the clock for the
> empty space
> in my dash, but I become absent minded on how to hook it up.
> There are two
> prongs on the clock; one is for the light, and the other is the
> hot wire
> which hooks up to?  I don't see any other wires around except
> the one for
> the light.  Please help.
>
> Duane
> '67 fastback

Duane,
you are right. There are only two connections. One is for the light,
wich is a small tube shape to accept the bulb plus one for the "+"
wire. This is a permanent "+" of course. If there is no wire, just
run a new one from the fuse box.
The mass contact is providet through the housing.
If the clock doesnĄt start running after all these years try to
shake it. If that doesnĄt help your would have to take the back
cover off and do some cleaning. IĄve heard of people who have
dipped into petroleum for a day or so to get the old grease off.
Heiko
Ą68 Notch, Ą70 Fastback, Ą71 Fastback