Fuel pump woes....

If you all remember I had taken my fuel pump apert to get it spinning again.
No problem.  But I didn't seal it good.  So I took it back out yesterday,
popped the top off, and got out my tube of permatex.  tehm I noticed that
there is a ~6 mm spaces with an off center whole-  basically the pump
part.  After looking at it going "Wow.  neat'  I went to put it back on.  But,
being the genius I am, I realize that I had failed to notice anothing about the
placement of it, not even what side is up.

If anybody has a fuelpump out where they could see it,  Please tell me
something.  The 'spacer' has a hemispherical notch cut into it.  With the
fuel pump upright (like in a vice) and the plug facing at 12:00, where is the
notch?

Failing that, anyone have a used fuel pump they want to sell???  I'm still
not sure I'm keeping the car FI (It hasn't been started in 8 years-  who
knows what else is wrong?) so I would rather not buy a new one....

Danke!  (thats german for gracias)

-rj
-71 square (dead)
-68 fast (pretty shell!)