Re: calipers

On 09/10/97 14:37:10 you wrote:

I've done this once on my early '71 SB.  These have the same brakes as your '70.  I rebuilt them because a caliper piston was sticking, after a couple of months, it started sticking again.  I ended up getting new calipers, cost was about $40@ a year or so back.  "Varga" was the Brazilian brand.  Seem to have held up so far. The rebuild kit was $20 a side, more because I had to get pads, the new ones came with pads.  The Bentley doesn't recommend honing, etc, would be kind of hard to do anyway.  My vote is plunk down the bucks and get all new ones, should still be available.  Lots less hassle, too.  The Vargas were ambidextrous, two bleeders and two inlets, didn't matter which end was up.  Like that idea.