3rd gear rattle in shifter..

i've got a 70' fastback and my clutch/tranny works fine
other than an annoying rattle coming from the shifter only in third gear.
happens at about 45-50mph. if while in third gear i push the shifter forward
a little bit, and hold it, the rattle stops.

while this rattle is happening, the shifter is noticably vibrating.

can someone tell me how to fix this?  again it doesn't happen in any other
gear
and my clutch is adjusted properly, and i just changed my transmission lube
about 5,000 miles ago. it doesn't pop out of third gear or anything like that
but the rattle is loud and substantially annoying.   Please Help!

please respond to this address (satansmomm@aol.com) as i'm using a friends
account because netcom screwed mine up, hence i'm not subscribed to the list
at the moment, because i'm sure my friend wouldn't appreciate lots of extra
mail
in his mailbox....thanks!

p.s. i found a wrecked squareback in a junkyard in st.pete, fl. it's pretty
beat
up, but it's gauges are ok, and it seems to have some airconditioning parts
(though i don't know if they're any good or not). oh yes and it's a 71' -73'
if any of you need parts of off it, tell me and we'll work something out.