RE: Type III Automatic

I can't ever seem to find a decent type III that isn't automatic.  I currently have two, a '70 Sqback and '71 Fastback.  Rebuilt automatic
transmissions are currently running $500.  Carter's Gearbox in Big Bear, CA is a decent shop.  I have been successful (sorta) with used
ones from the junk yard for a $100.   Don't know the import numbers on auto's but someone on the list probably does, anyone?
anyone?
Craig Woolston
'70 Sqback and '71 Fastback
cwoolsto@ladc.lockheed.com