Re Slip-slid'n away...(Long, but please read on.) Priority: normal

You could try using a better quality tyre, ie. a softer compound one.

Tim, '73 square 2.0l

Adriaan Loedolff wrote

So what does one do to fix a lockup problem? This was not the first
time I had the rear wheels lock on me under emergency braking but I
would like it to be the last. The condition of the various players in
this saga is as follows:

Tyres : 165R15 Firestone R510 textiles. Approx 6mm tread depth
across the entire tread surface.