Re: Correct Upholstery Question

> 	I've got a question about my 66 Sunroof Square...The front seats are
> vinyl...ribbed horizontally...but the back seat is vinyl on the sides
> and back, but the seat bottom and backrest are cloth...is this right??

I can speak to my '65 Squareback - it has the original back seat upholstery.
It is all vinyl with the "tops" being of a plaid pattern that is ribbed
vertically.  The backs and sides are smooth white vinyl.

The front seats I can't speak to - mine have been reupholstered with a fabric
that does not match the back seat.  However, the layout is the same - vinyl
"tops" that are ribbed vertically with white vinyl sides and a vinyl rear.

Actually, to be absolutely truthful, it's not "white" any more due to the
"punishment" of living on a planet that has a sun...

Regards,
Everett Barnes         ebus@ebus.simplenet.com
'65 Squareback(driver) The Type II and III Experience
'55 Kombi    (project) http://ebus.simplenet.com/Volkswagen