VW 1500 S

Hello everybody,

A few kilometers from me there is VW aftermarket parts dealer that I
visit from time to time. Some weeks ago he asked me if he could drive
my squareback around the block, because he had never been driving a
type3. of course he could...
Today visited him again. The ride with my squareback must have been very
impressing since he has bought his own now. It`s a 64 1500S notch
painted
in white with a black roof. It has some very nice features like period
seat covers that even fit the rear seats with the armrest. The dash pad
has no cracks at all and now there`s something that I know makes some
people feel a little jealous: WHITE mudflaps with black VW logo!

Of course I had to take a ride with the notch. I didn`t know there was
such a difference between a 1600 and a 1500S. The 'S' has a lot more
kick. It`s really fun driving a 'S'.

I think one of these days I need one, too...

Roland
`69 square
`69 TL
`69 beetle