Re: Seals

Yeah,
  Sadly, just when you think the expensive parts (engine, bodywork, and
paint) are done, you end up dumping a small fortune into
WEATHERSTRIPPING of all things.
  For the non-originalists among us, I've found that a lot of seals can
be replaced with 'stock' items out of Metro Moulded, Steele, and other
catalogs that give seal cross- sections.  Even (gasp, horror) JC Whitney
sells some Soff-Seal stuff, and their seals are pretty good.  If you're
not worried about originality, and are broke, SOMETIMES you can save
some $$$.  When they designed the original seals, they picked one good
way to do it- over the years, the rest of us have found ways to seal up
a bit cheaper...
Toby "it ain't original, but it don't leak" Basiliko