Re: Help, where back-up light Fuse?

Hmm...I seem to remember a similar problem when i painted my square. Putting
it back together I couldn't get the back-up lights to work. I believe that I
ran another new ground to the frame. Hope it works!

-Wilson
69'Square
74' Thing (only 4 days old..to me!)

In a message dated 9/6/97 8:07:39 AM, jadney@vwtype3.org (Melissa &
Jim) wrote:

<< My back up lights still don't work since I pulled and replaced my
> engine.  The connections on the transmission are on tight.  In
> looking at an electrical schematic, it appears there is a seperate
> fuse for the back up lights, not under the dash.  Does anyone know
> where this is located?

I can't remember your specifics, so there are two possibilities:

MT:  The power comes from the hot terminal on the coil.  There is a
short wire off that terminal that leads to an in-line fuseholder and
then to the switch on the MT.  The return from the switch comes back
to the engine area, splits and goes to each side to the lights.

AT:  The power comes from the main fuse box, down to the switch built
into the shift lever assembly, back to the engine area, splits to
both sides.>>